We accept everything that is written in the Holy Bible to be the Word of God and this results in the following three characteristics:
- There is great reverence for the reliability of the Bible.
- Great care is taken for a good explanation of the Bible where every personal thought and feeling must be compared with and submitted to the original text.
- The Bible is accepted as the only rule of conduct for everyday life.
The Free Reformed Churches accept everything that is written in the Bible to be the Word of God. This Word has no equal because it is:
- Inspired by God the Holy Spirit who caused many different people to write it over a considerable period of time
- Infallible in that it is a completely reliable and trustworthy book that should not and need not be doubted
- Inerrant, meaning that whatever is revealed in it is without error, contradiction or misrepresentation
- Sufficient because it fully contains the will of God and reveals all that we need to believe in order to be saved
This Word represents the final rule of faith and life in the Free Reformed Churches. We receive it for the regulation, foundation and confirmation of our faith.
In our worship services we use the English Standard Version of the Bible.